The Orphanarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stam Gear for Priests in BT

4 posters

Go down

Stam Gear for Priests in BT Empty Stam Gear for Priests in BT

Post  Opeili Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:08 am

Attention squishies!

I'd like to recommend that all priests get the Guardian's Mooncloth Belt to help with stamina for fights like Naj'entus. The belt is +56 stam + 36 int +31 res +88 healing. In my opinion, the stamina on this one piece alone is sufficient to keep a priest off the instant death watchlist without significantly gimping mana regen.

There's lots of pvper's in the guild so if you want to group up, just give a shout in gchat. Smile

Opeili

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Stam Gear for Priests in BT Empty Re: Stam Gear for Priests in BT

Post  Chronox Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:51 pm

Replacement of a belt would break the PMC bonus, which if your still using it like I am, is a problem. I would say to replace your helm instead with S3 helm, or else replace with pvP bracers/Neck/Gloves (Depending on your weakest piece).

Chronox

Back to top Go down

Post  Opeili Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:02 am

Hmmm... I think you might actually be the only PMC raider priest, so I could understand wanting to keep the set bonus. Sounds like you've figured out another way to get your health up to par for Naj'entus. For anyone that doesn't have PMC, I think the pvp belt is the ideal way to get health up without spending weeks pvp'ing. The main thing is that I don't want all our healers, especially the CoH priests, going into Naj'entus wearing more than three pieces of pvp gear because it will gimp mana regen and healing and the fight takes entirely too long to risk going oom as a result of wearing an excessive amount of pvp gear.

Opeili

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronox Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Understandable - I do have the belt anyways. Belt/Helm is the only PvP gear I really have. Oh, and the neck. Theres a couple items that are PvE that do have some decent stam on them as opposed to others that can be suplimented - like I have the ZA neck, and I have the Teeth of Gruul. The Teeth Of Gruul has stam on it - ZA neck does not.

Chronox

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Laids Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:57 am

You need about 10k HP which should be achieved with badge gear + pvp helm and belt + raid buffs. If you are on the lower end you should be aware of your surroundings in BT and make use of ur shield / binding heal when necessary.

As for PMC.... I have never seen a priest go into an organized T6 raid with PMC and I would highly recommend on getting the badge replacements ASAP. I do karas weekly and run a very successful ZA group that I can get you into if you need help with badges. I also have some DPS alts if you want to heal some heroics just let me know.

Laids

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronox Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:56 am

You don't need 10k HP, it just helps. PMC bonus is more beneficial to my play style with the regen - I have a non-PMC set which I do use for fights where I really do need stam. Even a fight like Naj'entus you only need ~8.9k which I get in PMC. Obviously more is better, but you don't need it.

Chronox

Back to top Go down

Post  Opeili Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:37 am

I disagree entirely. Dead healers are useless. You need to have more than just barely enough health to survive the 8,500 damage after the spike is thrown. Every raid member needs at least 10,000 health because there is constant raid damage throughout the fight. Also, because he heals until the spike is thrown, it is extremely important that the spike be thrown as soon as possible. Waiting for extra heals to go off on players with marginal health is detrimental to the entire raid. Players with higher health can still survive the shield burst without having perfect health as well as better tolerate the high amounts of raid damage taken throughout the fight. A priest with only 8,900 health gives the other healers very little wiggle room for healing before the spike is thrown, if he survives the other raid damage to even be alive when the spike needs to be thrown.

As for PMC, the stats leave something to be desired. I think you would find the spirit on the badge chest and boots to be highly preferrable to the 5% mana regen set bonus on PMC. Spirit is win. Kara, ZA, and many heroics are run regularly by other guildies if you need help farming badges.

Opeili

Back to top Go down

Post  Laids Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:01 pm

I've done Naj'entus many many times and at 9.8k HP I am considered to be on the "low end", 8.9k just does not seem practical as you will be using whatever extra mana you are getting through your PMC set bonus healing yourself because you will need to be at 100% HP no matter what.

I would get the badge chest, make "belt of the long road" and either keep the mooncloth shoulders for now OR try to get into a LS T5 pug run on mondays and try to get your T5 shoulders.

I would also suggest if you are going to attempt Naj'entus in PMC to maybe work on getting a "Battlemaster's Perseverance" trinket as that boost in HP could help you if you get into a bind.

Laids

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronox Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Last night I proved exactly as I said - I had 9.2k HP and I was the last one standing (With Opeili). Laids/Rgostic both had ~10k HP and were lying on the ground, thus proving that I don't need 10k. That extra 800HP isn't going to save me if I get the spine right after the bubble explosion, and all priests should be binding heal right after the explosion anyways, because you need to get everyone up 3k before you throw them G Heals (Mind, you can preheal 1 top rank GHeal on the person with the lowest HP in your group). The binding more than keeps me alive, 800 HP doesn't make a damn difference.

As for the badge chest, I know, and as I have said many many many times, I HAVE a nonPMC set, it just sucks. I wasn't able to get T5 shoulders, nor can I afford belt of blasting at this time, since I have to pay for repairs on both my chars, my alts flyer and my other alts mount, and all time I have to do dailies with I have been spending grinding primals for Mother. So basically it comes down to do I want ~500 more HP, or do I want to do mother?

And Opeili, my current boots are better than the badge ones, I don't really get what that has to do with PMC though.

Chronox

Back to top Go down

Post  Perilous Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:50 pm

I know I am not a priest, but I have done a ton of black temple and hit points are incredibly important for just about every fight.

RoS. Mother. Council. Illidan.

The more of a buffer you have, the more you can do your job without having to go to extra measures to do your assigned task.

If you think we are doing Council with priests packing 9k hps you are on crack. 11k is a bare minimum for that fight. So stop argueing and get your stamina gear together.

Perilous

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mesia Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:27 am

11k for council? dude i've never added extra stamina gear for council. illidan doesn't need it much either. Only fights i could see stam gear is na'jentus and bloodboil.

Mesia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down