The Orphanarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ComputerDied....

4 posters

Go down

ComputerDied.... Empty ComputerDied....

Post  Malphurian Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:53 am

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you all know why I missed the raid last night, I got home to boot up my laptop and it started making weird clicking noises. It also said that it could not find an operating system so I think somethings wrong with my hard drive so I'm taking it over to a friends how today to have his Dad take a look at it cause he fixes computers for a living. Hopefully it'll be back up and running by Thursdays raid but if not just know that I'm still having problems.

Down some bosses in BT for me Very Happy

Josh ~ Malphurian

Malphurian

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

ComputerDied.... Empty Re: ComputerDied....

Post  Daleron Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:46 pm

Dbl was healing for us last night x:

Daleron

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Opeili Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:49 am

Oh noes! Clicking noise of death and doom and despair! Hope you can get everything fixed up soon.

Opeili

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Malphuri Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Yeah well I have some good news and some bad news, well mainly the bad news is for me. I have a friend who's got a pretty decent desktop that he'll sell me for cheap so I might be able to make the raid tonight but the laptop is gone along with all my Mom's tax stuff sooo I'm gonna be looking around for a data recovery company and see if I can get that stuff back. It sounds like I really need to get back if Dbl is healing Shocked

Malphuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorehammer Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:45 pm

You could try to ghost the drive if you know anything about computers. The fact that it can't find an OS usually means the drive is just dead though or at the least has so many bad sectors it just won't boot...not much to be recovered there in either case. =(
Gorehammer
Gorehammer

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum