The Orphanarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Essential Marcos

2 posters

Go down

Essential Marcos Empty Essential Marcos

Post  Aedes Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:01 am

I figured peeps could post any essesntial macros here for fellow guildies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This macro or a variation thereof is an absolute necessity for Mages. It should help with some of the problems we had with keeping up CC in TK.

Sheep macro using a focus:

#showtooltip Polymorph
/stopcasting
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead] [target=focus,noexists]
/clearfocus [modifier:shift]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/stopmacro [target=focus,noharm]
/cast [target=focus] Polymorph

This macro works by setting a focus target. "A focus target is a secondary target system, used to keep track of a second unit other than the currently targeted unit. The focus is a sort of "target memory" meaning that the focus can be set then recalled with simple macro commands" http://www.wowwiki.com/Focus_target

So basically chose a target that you want to sheep and click the the macro button. It will sheep it and then you can target something else to dps as needed. When it comes time to resheep, just hit the same button again and it will resheep without you having to target it...there is no need to retarget the sheep.

--You can hold shift down when clicking the macro to re-focus a target, which is very useful if you either control the wrong target or the fight changes and you need to adapt.

--You can completely clear to focus by targeting nothing and holding shift while clicking the macro

--If you want to get the most out of this macro, I suggest using a unit frames mod that will display your focus target like X-Perl. This way you'll be able to see exactly what state your controlled target is in.

--To use for other CC, just replace the phrase Polymorph with the CC of your choice, ie Shackle Undead

--Practice using this marco and switching around targets before using it in a raid...it takes a little to get used to it

--This also works great for PVP

-------Aedes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aedes

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Essential Marcos Empty Re: Essential Marcos

Post  Tesaron Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:51 pm

OMFG IT'S AEDES!!!!! I missed you like a fat kid misses cake! All the people i liked from RoB are coming here i fucking love it!

Tesaron

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum