The Orphanarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application

3 posters

Go down

Application Empty Application

Post  Evishop Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Starting Information

Do you have a Microphone? - Yes
Do you have Ventrillo Installed? - Yes
Do you talk on Ventrillo? - When required

Character Information

Character Name: Evishop
Character Class: Warrior
Current PvE Spec: 17/44 Fury
Are you willing to respec if required? Yes
Current Professions: 375 Black Smithing and Mining
Are you willing to change professions to min/max the raid/character? Will drop Mining

Are you the Original Owner? Yes
Previous Guilds: Chaotic Sacrifice (T4), Guile (T5)
Reasons for Leaving Previous Guilds: For Chaotic I left to get more progression with my warrior. Guile Disbanded

Non-Orphanarium References: Kahlynn
Orphanarium References: Hackster

Armory Profile Link:

Desired Gear: List all gear currently in game that you're still after in order of priority
T6, Warglaives (Razz), basicly anything top tier for my class

Do you have any resist gear?
No

Secondary Characters: List all alts that you actively play.
Faerae - 52 Paladin

World of Warcraft Experience
All T5 content, ZA, 5/5 MH, 3/9 BT

PvE Experience: Minimal/Familiar/Extensive
Hardest boss you have defeated: Archimonde
PvE Explanation: Explain your experience in PvE Content.
I've done T5 content with Guile, and PuGged for my T6 content with DPS

Additional Questions

Reasoning for Joining The Orphanarium, over say another guild: Friends are in it and Orphanarium is a skilled group of people
Expectations:
The only expectations I have are the opportunity to raid meet friends and to achieve some gear.

Order of Importance
(Please list from 1 to 5, 1 being the most Important)
2 Friendship
4 Loot
5 Content Exploration
1 Fun
3 Challenge

Class-specific Questions

Please respond to your class' section. Complete it based on your desired raiding spec. If you are unsure of spec, contact a Orphanarium officer for availability, or complete sections for multiple specs. You may delete other class' sections from your application.

Warrior

What is a Warrior's role in an end game instance?
Being fairly high up the DPS meters or holding aggro while tanking.

What is the difference between a good and bad Warrior?
A good warrior knows how to prioritize skills, when to use cooldowns. A bad warrior doesnt.

Please briefly explain how a Warrior should equip himself for PvE. How should each statistic (eg. Intellect, Crit%, Spell Hit%, Defense, Spell Damage, etc...) be considered, and why?
A warrior should hit 98 hit rating before prioritizing other stats. After than strength crit and hit all become fairly equal until around 250 hit when strength takes priority.

How important is movement and positioning to a Warrior in PvE? Please explain and use examples.
Movement is important to warriors because if a warrior is standing in front of a mob the mob could parry and cause the tank to die. Therefore a warrior needs to stand behind the tank except on certain encounters. I cant really give explanations on which encounters require specific positioning since most of my raid experience is as a healer.

Protection Warriors: Explain the different times you would use each of the aggro-generating abilities and explain why you would use them? Are there times and instance where you would use certain abilities over others? If so, list them.

Protection Warriors: In a fight that requires only 1 tank, you are assigned to DPS. Would you change your gear? What type of weapon would you use? Would you take off your shield?

Protection Warriors: What makes a skilled Protection Warrior good at holding aggro?

Protection Warriors: Under what circumstances should a Protection Warrior use Last Stand and Shield Wall? Please explain.

DPS Warriors: What is/are the talent points that affect your DPS the most and why? Are there substitutes for other talent points that would increase your overall DPS in raids?
The most useful talents in my build are, Bloodthirst, Flurry, Improved Berserker Stance and 1/2 point in Improved Whirlwind. I could help benefit a raid by dropping the 5/5 in Unbridaled Wrath and put it into Improved Demoralizing Shout.

DPS Warriors: Please list the weaknesses of a melee DPS class, compared to ranged DPS classes? What can a ogue do to counteract these weaknesses?
A warriors biggest weakness is that on fights where they have to run out (Prince/Rage Winterchill/etc) they lose out on a lot of DPS and cant really do anything about it. A warrior has the option to intercept back into the fray as soon as its safe to do so.

DPS Warriors: Please give a description as to how rage should be managed as a DPS Warrior. Which abilities should your rage be spent on?
For a DPS warrior (as fury at least), the warrior should prioritize Bloodthirst over Whirlwind when they end on the same cooldown, and should use Heroic Strike or Cleave when they have 50 or more rage - but at the same time watching a threat meter.

Evishop

Back to top Go down

Application Empty Re: Application

Post  Chronox Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:39 pm

Armory does not link for nonregistered members, so here is a link to his armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodscalp&n=Evishop

Anywho, your attackpower seems to be really low, and your using all green gems, and you are in blues. You cannot raid Black Temple/Mount Hyjal in blues - there are still many upgrades in badge gear, and hell even Karazhan!

Chronox

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Evishop Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:52 am

I realize I need to upgrade some things... and the blues are there (Ragesteel) because its the best shoulders I have (I do have T4 but Ragesteel is better for DPS).

I am slowly working on getting new gems and ATTEMPTING to get new gear but all I ever get to do is Kara/ZA. I know it isnt an excuse but everyone has to start somewhere Razz.

Since I do do some T4 content (hoping to get into some T5/6) I will be upgrading to the following within the next few weeks: (eventually)

And obviously more but its hard to find guilds running T5 (or even attempting it)... I know its a lot to ask for someone to go from T4->T6 content but I do have experience doing T4-T6. I mean... I've down Arc... have you?

Evishop

Back to top Go down

Post  Evishop Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 am

I realize I need to upgrade some things... and the blues are there (Ragesteel) because its the best shoulders I have (I do have T4 but Ragesteel is better for DPS).

I am slowly working on getting new gems and ATTEMPTING to get new gear but all I ever get to do is Kara/ZA. I know it isnt an excuse but everyone has to start somewhere Razz.

Since I do do some T4 content (hoping to get into some T5/6) I will be upgrading to the following within the next few weeks:
http://ww w.wowhead.com/?item=28795
http://ww w.wowhead.com/?item=28757
http://ww w.wowhead.com/?item=28830 (eventually)
http://ww w.wowhead.com/?item=28579
http://ww w.wowhead.com/?item=30032

Put spaces since I cant link Razz

And obviously more but its hard to find guilds running T5 (or even attempting it)... I know its a lot to ask for someone to go from T4->T6 content but I do have experience doing T4-T6. I mean... I've down Arc... have you?

Evishop

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronox Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Yes actually, I HAVE downed Archimonde. Anyways, theres upgrades in Karazhan/ZA still as I said, and there upgrades in badge gear, and theres upgrades probably in heroics, and theres upgrades in SSC/TK. There are many SSC/TK PUGs every once in a while, look into getting into those.

You've basically said that entering our guild your expecting that we will gear you up and immediately give you any drops that come that you could use - it doesn't work that way, theres 25 other people in the raid and one of them could need those upgrades. After you get all the upgrades from T4, Great! Now your ready for T5 content, not T6.

Chronox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hackster Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:32 pm

.... Who did you down Archimonde with, Evishop? I don't recall you ever being farther than Rage in Hyjal, or in BT at all. When did you do it, and who with? =\

Hackster

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorehammer Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:23 pm

When were you in Guile?? I don't recall an "Evishop" but I could just be crazy.
Gorehammer
Gorehammer

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronox Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:02 pm

He PUG'd it with DPS, so his application says. To be honest I don't think that counts - that's like bragging about a 1800 rating you bought.

Chronox

Back to top Go down

Post  Evishop Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:41 am

I was in Guile with - Xannissa

Evishop

Back to top Go down

Post  Evishop Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:47 am

I already know I'm not going to be accepted so I'll just come back when I have a bit more gear upgraded.

Evishop

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down