The Orphanarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destro Warlock.

5 posters

Go down

Destro Warlock. Empty Destro Warlock.

Post  Sylentre Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:08 am

Starting Information

Do you have a Microphone? - yes
Do you have Ventrillo Installed? - yes
Do you talk on Ventrillo? - yes, most of the time.

Character Information

Character Name: Sylentred
Character Class: Warlock
Current PvE Spec: 0/21/40 destro
Are you willing to respec if required? yes, but i am very familiar with how to play my spec well in raids.
Current Professions: 375 shadow tailor, 375 enchanter
Are you willing to change professions to min/max the raid/character? yes

Are you the Original Owner? yes
Previous Guilds: elite deathstalkers, a short time in rebewt.
Reasons for Leaving Previous Guilds: lack of progression or unorganized raid environment.

Non-Orphanarium References:
Orphanarium References:

Armory Profile Link:

Desired Gear: List all gear currently in game that you're still after in order of priority
no really caring to much about any gear. anything that comes my way would be nice, but with an expansion so close. its not my priority.

Do you have any resist gear?
very little, some minor fire and arcane

Secondary Characters: List all alts that you actively play.
only a level 24 pally alt, stick to warlock

World of Warcraft Experience

PvE Experience: Minimal/Familiar/Extensive extensive
Hardest boss you have defeated: personal hardest, none stick out. content hardness, rage winterchill.
PvE Explanation: Explain your experience in PvE Content. A LOT of battle grounds when i hit 70 to gain some decent gear before starting kara. some minor arena experience.

Additional Questions

Reasoning for Joining The Orphanarium, over say another guild: good raid time, guild isn't to large that i would get lost within it. have heard a few people join and said its a great guild to be in.
Expectations: other players to show up on time for raids, ready to go and not go afk in the middle of a raid for a long period of time. to push to see new content.

Order of Importance
(Please list from 1 to 5, 1 being the most Important)
__4 Friendship
__2 Loot
__5 Content Exploration
__5 Fun
__4 Challenge

Warlock

What is a Warlock's role in an end game instance?
large amount of DPS. the highest amount being on bosses. curses, slight cc(banish, seduce, and on the rare occasion a fear) health stone dispenser Razz and soul stone, for quicker recovery of party

What is the difference between a good and bad Warlock?
being speced and geared properly for maxim damage, knowing enough not to use junk damage spells that your not geared or specced for, ie, fire spells with +shadow gear. and in general not researching proper requirement for raids. (not being hit capped)

Please briefly explain how a Warlock should equip himself for PvE. How should each statistic (eg. Intellect, Crit%, Spell Hit%, Defense, Spell Damage, etc...) be considered, and why?
there is different answers for different builds. for my own build of 0/21/40. its important to be hit capped for boss fights. having a spell hit ratting of 202 is needed to make sure you don't waste bonus spell damage and crit, if you cant hit your target. spell crit and bonus damage are the most important things to look for in gear for pve. stamina not being as important, because you shouldn't be taking to many hits anyways in the raid environment. some players over look the fact that intellect also adds a bit of crit chance, so having that inst a bad idea. with thew addiction of haste, i have found it improves my damage to trash mobs in pve. where it may let me get in an extra shadow bolt, before quick attacking classes can down the target. (damn you rogues and shammies!)

Please give examples of at least two viable PvE raiding builds, and a brief description of the pros and cons of each.
0/21/40 - ruin allows for high damage crits, high damage shadowbolts, and ability to sacrifice for a 15% shadow damage bonus. if you do not meet min specs for this build, your damage will be very poor. about 1000k bonus shadow damage, hit capped at 202 and 17% crit chance min needed

44/13/0 - great for less than great gear, excellent for soloing, and to help heal yourself with siphon life, helping healers out. conserves mana well. when your gear gets better, it becomes hard to keep up with a destruction warlock for damage and dps.

For your particular PvE raiding build (specify), please briefly explain how to maximize your DPS. You may want to explain when and how you use each spell, how frequently DoTs are refreshed, how each cooldown is utilized, etc..
i start each fight with a curse of elements, unless another warlock beats me too it. then i just launch shadowbolts, watching that my threat doesn't get to high. in the case it does i would hit a soul shatter, or calm down on my damage. i hit my bonus damage trinkets every time their cool down is up. that's the way most fights would go, that dont require a banish to be watched, or a special technique.

Are there any situations where you feel it is not beneficial or not appropriate to use DoTs? Explain your answer.
with my spec, i do not DOT trash, because i only have one instant dot, and that one does very little damage until its almost done. and most faster dps classes have the them dead by that time. for maximum damage, i just use shadowbolts.

Warlocks are often prone to aggro-related problems. What can a Warlock do to counteract this? Explain your answer.
i let the tank build a few k threat before starting my attack, i use omen to monitor my threat and in the case that it peaks, i hit a soul shatter. if i peak twice in one fight, i slow down on the high damage shadowbolts. and dot the target. this doesn't happen often, because with the downtime from lifetap, i lose some of my built up threat.

What purpose do Warlock pets have in PvE?
each has their own benefit, the most common pve use for a pet would be the imp buff. in some builds it helps share damage, or do damage. in my current build its mostly for a sacrifice to gain the shadow damage bonus.

In addition to your own DPS, how else can a Warlock contribute to a PvE raid group?
curse of elements on a target helps all caster classes. also things said above. - slight cc(banish, seduce, and on the rare occasion a fear) health stone dispenser Razz and soul stone, for quicker recovery of party

i hope i answered your question in the way you were looking for, if you need anything else from me, feel free to just ask!
i look forward to the chance to raid with you all in the future Very Happy

Sylentre

Back to top Go down

Destro Warlock. Empty link

Post  sylentre Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:12 am

for some reason it wouldn't let me post the armory link, let me try it a creative way.

wowarmory.com /character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodscalp&n=Sylentred

sylentre

Back to top Go down

Destro Warlock. Empty Re: Destro Warlock.

Post  Chronox Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:43 pm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodscalp&n=Sylentred

Spell damage seems a little low to me, but there is the trinket from H MgT that I am assuming your farming for which should bring that up ~44? Anyways, just my thoughts, was mainly posting to link armory.

Chronox

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  sylentre Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:03 am

Timbal's Focusing Crystal is the trinket i assume your talking about. its a affliction trinket, that deals damage when one of your spells deals periodic damage, like a DOT.

sylentre

Back to top Go down

Post  Zulhajjen Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 am

Last edited by Zulhajjen on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Zulhajjen
Zulhajjen

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  sylentre Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:00 pm

just curious, what gear isn't at your content level? i have 5 pieces of badge gear. belt of blasting. armory hasn't added haste yet, which some of my gear has over spell damage. the wrists could be improved. not by a ton, but they could, i wear the t4 helm and shoulder combo, over the t5 because of the 2 set bonus, which procs pretty often for 15 seconds, is like an extra trinket. one of my rings could be replaced by the hyjal attunment ring. i would replace my gloves if i didn't need that hit rating. when self buffed i'm at about 1300 bonus shadow damage. if you looking at only my spell damage, it would be low because i only use shadow spells so only stack shadow damage. from everything i read. the only place i can really improve my gear would be hyjal/bt. so i was just wondering. what gear would you like to see me in that would insure my acceptance into the guild at the level you think you would need me?

try entering me there?

sylentre

Back to top Go down

Post  sylentre Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:01 pm

www. wow-heroes.com/

sylentre

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronox Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:49 pm

If you don't have the Hyjal attunement ring then you can't bring it up as an upgrade - killing Kael/Vashj isn't just a simple thing. T4 + Badge Gear isn't T6, that what you need for T5 content.

Chronox

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrisya Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Chronox wrote:If you don't have the Hyjal attunement ring then you can't bring it up as an upgrade - killing Kael/Vashj isn't just a simple thing. T4 + Badge Gear isn't T6, that what you need for T5 content.

For casters, a lot of the new badge gear is T5 level... meaning that you can go into T6 content wearing it. Especially considering since there aren't many upgrades if you consider spell dmg, hit and crit... as a caster you won't be picking up many upgrades in SSC/TK... everything that drops in there is pretty crappy.

Plus... the T4 bonus for locks is actually good... I know a lot of locks who wear it far into T5/going into T6. T4 + old badge gear yea... but the new badge gear you can definitely wear into T6.

Patrisya

Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Dblcheese Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Your application is in review an officer will contact you ingame as soon as we can!

Dblcheese

Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  sylentre Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:48 pm

i suppose its hard to take my word for it, that i can put out dps. if you would like to try me out in a raid environment before you choose to take me on, that's totally fine with me. sometimes people can have exceptional gear, but be lousy players. so you never really can tell just by gear.
either way, i thank you all for your consideration of my application, i look forward at the chance to play with you in the future.

sylentre

Back to top Go down

Post  Wahuato Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:41 pm

Chronox wrote:If you don't have the Hyjal attunement ring then you can't bring it up as an upgrade - killing Kael/Vashj isn't just a simple thing. T4 + Badge Gear isn't T6, that what you need for T5 content.
Guess ill go find a T5 guild since im wearing T4.

Wahuato

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronox Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Wahuato wrote:
Guess ill go find a T5 guild since im wearing T4.

You have both T5 and T6 loot on to balance.

Chronox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sylentre Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:26 pm

i would like to thank everyone for your interest in my application. unfortunately i was turned down, due to no open spots. i guess its because there have been so many other warlocks applying this last week. i wish you all good luck in the future and your attempts at content.
thanks, sylentred

Sylentre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down