The Orphanarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell Orphans

2 posters

Go down

Farewell Orphans Empty Farewell Orphans

Post  Aedes Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:51 pm

Farewell Orphans. I am quitting Warcraft. It's been a spectacular and an engrossing run over these past 3 years. There have been countless days and nights filled with great friends, frequent challenges, and occasional victories. But, in the end, it is time for me to grow up. Actually, its pretty overdue. You see, I have finally convinced Jen, aka Queprur, to start trying for kids (Hi-Five) and despite how much I enjoy playing WoW, I see myself as less of a father/husband/role model now than I was before I started playing Warcraft. Gotta get back to my core, get over this....addiction, and get more from life again.

I wish ya'll the best! In Warcraft and in life-

Peace,
Doug (aka Aedes)

Farewell Orphans Wowalfarbrian2lt7
Aedes on the left in Iraq earlier this year

Here's a quote I'll leave ya'll with:
"Our children will be born of our actions. Our accidents will become their destinies. Oh, the actions will remain. It is a simple matter of what you will do when the chips are down, my friend. When the fat lady is singing. When the walls are falling in, and the sky is dark, and the ground is rumbling. In that moment our actions will define us. And it makes no difference whether you are being watched by Allah, Jesus, Buddah, or whether you are not. On cold days a man can see his breath, on a hot day he can't. On both occasions, the man breathes."
-Arichbald Jones, White Teeth by Zadie Smith

Aedes

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Farewell Orphans Empty Re: Farewell Orphans

Post  Queprur Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:38 pm

This actually took me by surprise too! I'll be stepping with my hubby-- it takes two for these kind of things you know. I've had a blast running with y'all! Thank you for including me in the guild's amazing progression through to BT. I think Aedes said it best for the both of us. Good luck to everyone!
-Jen (aka Queprur)

Queprur

Back to top Go down

Farewell Orphans Empty Re: Farewell Orphans

Post  sio Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:18 pm

someone call an ambulance, killing myself is a 2 hand job Crying or Very sad
god luck qith everything dude, i wish you and que all the best

sio

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-27

http://myspace.com/stroke_me_right

Back to top Go down