The Orphanarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rogues only, fuck off all you casters and plate wearers!

3 posters

Go down

Rogues only, fuck off all you casters and plate wearers! Empty Rogues only, fuck off all you casters and plate wearers!

Post  Tesaron Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:19 am

Ok, here's the run down, i've been asked several questions over the last little while and i do have some experience in theorycrafting.

We should all be using a rotation of 3SnD and 5 Rupture if we don't have 2 piece bonus from T4 and if we do it's 1/2 SnD and 5 rupture. Rupture is because it's constant damage as well as it's modified by your AP, so in raids where we should all be sitting around 2k+ AP rupture should be ticking for 180-200 a tick. Which will always be more then evis unless it's something like the curator fight.

Next is Haste vs. Armor pen. I think both are great mechanics but i see armor pen as more of a pvp bonus and not pve. Why? Armor pen is great for most bosses but as rogues we don't have a hard time with this stuff anyways, i choose haste. Haste gives you more attacks which means more procs from mongoose, poisons, combat potency, sword spec and trinkets. If you get a good enough haste rating to get your MH speed below 2sec you're the fucking shit (this includes SnD).

Next is one of my raiding trinkets, it's oldschool but it's fucking owns. Hand of Justice drops off of Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in BRD, as a sub rogue it's easy, you can basically boss hunt your way to him. Even the 7 dwarf boss is easy, i've done it solo. If you're combat then it's both easier and harder, stealthing will be a pain for some of the mobs but your combats will be a lot shorter and more violent and you hurting a lot less. Either way it's a good addition if you're in need of a good trinket.

That's all i can think of right now, i'll be sure to post more later and let's get this rolling with other rogues opinions and theorycrafting. We should all be making ourselves better and not doing the rogue "My precious precious tricks!" think.

Tesaron

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Rogues only, fuck off all you casters and plate wearers! Empty Re: Rogues only, fuck off all you casters and plate wearers!

Post  Cruikshanks Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:01 am

I dunno about HoJ....from what I have read it only has a 1% chance to proc at level 70. So here is my reasoning.....I dont know if it procs on special attacks or not, but if it doesnt...wouldnt the extra swing be equivalent to ~15 haste(1%)...bringing the trink benefits to a total of 20ap and a 15 haste equivalent? Now if it procs on special attacks, which it probably does, I think it would only make it slightly better.

Cruikshanks

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Rogues only, fuck off all you casters and plate wearers! Empty goose haste

Post  Rasputina Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:43 pm

i don't think haste will give you MORE goose procs, but i think it will increase the uptime (as in soon as it wears off another one will proc.. the basis of all enhancement shaman combat).
Rasputina
Rasputina

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-01

http://drewhard.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Rogues only, fuck off all you casters and plate wearers! Empty Re: Rogues only, fuck off all you casters and plate wearers!

Post  Tesaron Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 am

It may be just me but the extra 1.7% extra attack is still better then 1-2% crit

Tesaron

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down