The Orphanarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laids - Holy Priest

3 posters

Go down

Laids - Holy Priest Empty Laids - Holy Priest

Post  Laids Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Starting Information

Do you have a Microphone? Yes
Do you have Ventrillo Installed? Yes
Do you talk on Ventrillo? Yes

Character Information

Character Name: Laids
Character Class: Priest
Current PvE Spec: Holy
Are you willing to respec if required? I can go DS or COH.
Current Professions: Enchant / Tailor
Are you willing to change professions to min/max the raid/character? No.

Are you the Original Owner? Yes
Previous Guilds: Nocturne
Reasons for Leaving Previous Guilds: Guild Disband

Non-Orphanarium References: None
Orphanarium References: None

Armory Profile Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodscalp&n=Laids

Desired Gear: List all gear currently in game that you're still after in order of priority

T6 upgrades, sunwell gear.

Do you have any resist gear?

I have arcane resist cloak / trinket which I used on Kalecgos. I have no shadow resist gear.

Secondary Characters: List all alts that you actively play.

Snorlak / Mage

World of Warcraft Experience

PvE Experience: Extensive
Hardest boss you have defeated: Illidan
PvE Explanation: I have progressed through ssc/tk/Hyjal and most of BT including illidan (no shadow resist fights as I do not have the gear). I have also experience in sunwell with kalecgos.

Additional Questions

Reasoning for Joining The Orphanarium, over say another guild: Raid times work well with my schedule and your progression seems to be in line with my own.
Expectations: Further progression through BT and go into sunwell before expansion.

Order of Importance
(Please list from 1 to 5, 1 being the most Important)
2 Friendship
3 Loot
1 Content Exploration
1 Fun
1 Challenge

Class-specific Questions

Priest

What is a Priest's role in an end game instance? COH raid heal or MT heal if DS spec. Dispel.

What is the difference between a good and bad Priest? Good priest = GH, renew, pom and mana conservation with the understanding of the 5 second rule. Bad priest = Flash heal to top healing meters.

Please briefly explain how a Priest should equip himself for PvE. How should each statistic (eg. Intellect, Crit%, Spell Hit%, Defense, Spell Damage, etc...) be considered, and why?

+ healing and spirit are the biggest stats for a priest. Spirit is considered one of the most important stats due to the regeneration gained from Meditation and also adds to healing.

If a 25-man PvE raid group had three Priests, how would you spec each of them? Depends on the content. Most useful would be 1 DS priest and 2 COH priests. Would gain the added benefit of spirit buff and have two strong raid healers. In later content (late BT / sunwell) it should be acceptable to have all COH priests as the benefit from aoe heals of fully T6 / Badge geared priests are better then a spirit buff. I suppose this depends on shamans in the raid as well.

A Priest is often tasked with ensuring his teammates' survival or returning mana and health as Shadow. In a raid PvE encounter, what can a Priest do to ensure his own survival?

Shield, renew and also the often forgotten binding heal. Understand boss timers and aoe encounters so you can use your defensive abilities (shield) at the right times, increasing your mana efficiency.

Dispelling is often just as important as healing in certain PvE situations. Please explain how you balance your dispelling and other duties.

Dispel mechanics are built into my UI and I am able to single click my targets that need dispel.

Holy Priests: When healing in raid-PvE, what spells and ranks do you most commonly use? When do you use them and why?

Depends on the content. Currently in sunwell I was using mostly COH, POM and renew as a raid healer. If I am single target healing I tend to use GH1, GH2, GH7, POM, renew and the occasional shield. Flash heals for quick busts of damage on the raid sometimes depending on the fight. If tank healing I find it useful to keep renew up as much as possible to help smooth out the damage. Depending on the fight if I need to move positions in a hurry I may shield the tank to absorb a little damage while I am moving and unable to pre-cast my GH. I tend to use /stopcasting on my GH for mana efficiency but depends on the encounter. If I am healing a flame tank on Illidan I would use GH7 non-stop without worry of overhealing or mana efficiency. All depends on knowing the fight and your tank Smile

Hope I was detailed enough without becoming boring Smile I have a pretty good grasp over priest mechanics and playstyle in endgame. If you have any questions for me please let me know. Thanks.

Laids

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Laids - Holy Priest Empty Re: Laids - Holy Priest

Post  Dblcheese Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:40 pm

Sweet someone used the layout!!!! Thank you. We will get back to you shortly

Dblcheese

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  forbifruit Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:26 pm

can i recommend her? been with her in za and she heals pretty nice!!!
forbifruit
forbifruit

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.iamhsiang.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down